Tonight Turns to Nothing, the debut full-length from LA's Olivia Kaplan, is out June 25 (next Friday!). In the meantime she's decided to grace us with one final single, "Ghosts". The track comes with a light-drenched, rose petal-infused music video directed by friend and collaborator Michelle Simunovic with assistance from Julia Grimm and Sarah Kaplan.
Calling on the influence of artists from Wilco to Sheryl Crow, “Ghosts” acts as a retro-tinted, fuzzy rock centerpiece for the upcoming Tonight Turns to Nothing. On "Ghosts" Kaplan light-heartedly confronts the nuanced fear and apathy towards commitment between two people. The song gives a glimpse into Kaplan’s range as a songwriter and bandleader, convincingly showing her ability to craft compelling songs on any part of the indie rock spectrum. Kaplan tests the limits of her voice in the song's eruptive climax with a simultaneous lamentation and realization: "I sit and blame conditions / when I could have loved you if I tried".
Tonight Turns to Nothing is available to pre-order on three vinyl variants: Aquamarine in Clear, 180g Black, and Sunburst, also available on cassette and digital :~)
more Olivia Kaplan:
- "Talking to the Dead" // New live video from Olivia Kaplan
- Olivia Kaplan // Behind the Album Art
- Olivia Kaplan // Five Inspirations
- Olivia Kaplan // Third Single "Still Strangers"
- Olivia Kaplan // Curated Playlist
- Olivia Kaplan Shares Lyric Video for Single "Wrong"
- Introducing: Olivia Kaplan
- View all Olivia Kaplan news →
- View Olivia Kaplan merch →
- Listen to Olivia Kaplan →
- View Olivia Kaplan tour dates →