Today we're thrilled to share “Mind,” the latest standalone composition from Japan’s prodigious jazz-meets-progressive-rock trio mouse on the keys. It opens in a swelling drone before exploding into jagged, disjointed syncopations overlapped with fervent, arpeggiating leads. Previously known for their dueling piano works that mash together modern jazz composition with neoclassical inflection, mouse on the keys have recently shown a fondness for synths, an effective textural addition to the already profound depth and elasticity of their unique sound. This subtle sonic shift is distinguished by the fuzzy, wailing synths that guide “Mind” to its boisterous climax, a cyber-kinetic eruption of urgency and suspense.
Listen to "Mind" today on your platform of choice
art by Yoshiaki Miura
other recent posts
- Ekko Astral emerges from the D.C. punk scene with a new standalone single "baethoven"
- Thanya Iyer // West coast tour dates with Land of Talk
- Weatherday // Merch Sale and North American Tour with Panchiko and They Are Gutting a Body of Water
- Elephant Gym // New Music and World Tour
- 2023 release guide + moving sale
- Gulfer // New pop-leaning single "Clean"