Just a few days ahead of their US tour with Elephant Gym, LITE have shared a new music video for the song "Double," taken from their recently released album Multiple. Enjoy the video below and mark your calendars!
LITE's Nobuyuki Takeda explains that the group's objective with "Double" was to "remove the useless to the utmost limit," effectively eliminating effects and accessory pedals to approach the truest sound of their instruments. This self-imposed limitation is meant to emphasize the physicality of the band's music, characterized by melodically disjointed, rhythmically challenging passages and unpredictable songwriting.
"This physical sound expresses the best of our style, born from the history of playing in so many various and sometimes tough environments, and keeps only what’s necessary to express ourselves on stage," says Takeda. "When we asked ourselves how to express this physical feeling visually in a music video, we came to think naturally of dance. We chose the spirited young dancer Aoi Yamada, as we believed her contemporary dance expresses in the best way LITE’s current identity."
As Takeda suggests, Aoi Yamada's swift, precise movements assertively capture the the song's agile twists and hairpin turns. Her physical prowess and the viscerally demanding nature of "Double" are underscored by the focus on LITE's hands, symbolic of their mastery of the finer "points" of composition.
East coast tour dates:
- October 24, 2019 - Brooklyn, NY @ Rough Trade
- October 25, 2019 - Philadelphia, PA @ Milkboy
- October 26, 2019 - Washington, DC @ DC9
West coast tour dates with Elephant Gym:
- October 28, 2019 - Vancouver, BC @ Biltmore Cabaret
- October 29, 2019 - Seattle, WA @ Neumos
- October 30, 2019 - Portland, OR @ Lola's Room
- November 1, 2019 - Berkeley, CA @ Cornerstone
- November 2, 2019 - Sacramento, CA @ Harlow's
- November 3, 2019 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Roxy Theatre
- November 4, 2019 - San Diego, CA @ Music Box
- November 6, 2019 - Phoenix, AZ @ The Rebel Lounge